Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What a dreamer....

This is a picture, as you can plainly see, of a washer & dryer.


My NEW washer & dryer. The first matched set of brand-spanking new, never before used by anyone else, laundry convenience.


It's a love/hate relationship really.




Let me explain.


I love that they are new & matching, but hate the money we had to spend.


I love that they are "Colossal Capacity", energy star-rated, energy efficient, & all that, but...hate the money we had to spend.


We got a pretty good deal, but could we have saved more money?


I'm not just all about the money, but it does cross my mind.


Part of the love/hate relationship is based on this fact: I vowed when the dryer broke we would not replace it, but continue to use the clothesline. Darn!


The other part of this love/hate equation? We had to spend my cream separator money to get the new set.

I even told friends & family that we would soon have fresh raw goat's milk butter & they had been excited.

Now, unless I find a way to spin the cream out of the milk using my washer, I'm out of luck.


Wouldn't that be something? I wonder how many gallons it would hold? It does have variable speeds so I could adjust according to how heavy I want the cream. Then all I'd have to do is pour the cream back in the tub & let it agitate.

Voila! Butter!

What a dreamer, no? Oui, oui.


Toodles!








No comments:

Post a Comment