Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vampire Bunnies?

Well, Nemo is still with us, even though I now fear we should have treated her amputation with more care. I'm wondering if we should have pulled the skin over the exposed amputation site & stitched it up like a real amputee. Then again, doctors don't just do that, they also close up the arteries etc., no loose ends y'know. We could have cauterized the exposed wound but my husband feared it would have caused the hen even more pain than she was already in.
What to do, what to do, sigh.
I guess all I can do is pray & wait. In addition to the treatment I mentioned yesterday, I have also added pro-biotics.
If she gets an infection now, we will be unable to save the meat, as the infection will no doubt have entered her body. Ugh! I hate it when things like this happen.

Still nothing in the trap, cat-wise anyway. Just bunnies. And, unless they are rabid flesh eating vampire bunnies, I highly doubt they are the culprit.
My mom wonders if it could be a bobcat. It could be, since we had one running through here a couple years ago. It might have to be something stronger than a regular house cat, to have pulled hard enough to bend the fence. If that's the case, my trap is too small.

Sorry nothing much to report from yesterday, as I was in the dentist's chair being "tortured" for 2 hrs., & when I got home all I wanted to do was sleep. Well, I can't say I was really tortured, but nobody likes going to the dentist.
And, then they hit your wallet. It's like adding insult to injury.
Not to mention the fact, that I do NOT like the Epinephrine to be added to the Novocaine & the dentist had forgotten. Whoa! Was I feeling sick! Not a normal reaction, I've been told.

So, housecleaning today, & customers coming by.
And making yogurt & cheese, maybe I will take pictures.
At some point I am planning to include recipes, & a bit on "farm fashion", LOL.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment